Jesus said to them,
“I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst." -John 6:35


Monday, July 29, 2013

Forgiveness


I think it's safe to say one of the most difficult aspects to life is forgiveness.  We have all experienced some form of hurt in our life caused by someone we trust, someone we love and someone we think would never hurt us.  Yet when we think that highly of a human being we set them up to fail because the only way off a pedestal is down.  It's been almost 10 years since the person whom I never imagined would cause me such pain did just that. I give the timeline because such hurt doesn't go away over night.  When we rely on our own strength to get through the tough times we hold on to the hurt and anger for days that turn into weeks that turn into months that turn into years.  We store it up and think to ourselves "just wait until the day he sees my face again."  Yes sadly that thought went through my head on several occations.  But here's the good news in this: we are forgiven.  We have a savior who allowed himself to be hung on a cross in order that we maybe forgiven.  So I ask you this, "Who do you struggle to forgive? " Who is it that you are waiting for an apology from?  My guess is this person has caused you pain, has done the unthinkable, or just simply failed causing you to feel you are owed something. Now ask yourself have I failed?  Have I caused the almighty creator to turn his head in shame?  We are human beings designed with with a nature to turn to our sinful desires, that's what Ephesians 2:1-3 is all about.  So we can't say we haven't failed or done the unthinkable in the site of our God because He's seen it but we are forgiven.  The cost is Christ on the cross, which is the pedestal we need to cling to. How can we hold on to grudges and anger from so many years ago when the debt was already paid?  I thank Jesus Christ my Savior who has purchased my forgiveness which allows me to freely forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment